The Aditya Birla Group: A Premium Global Corporation
A US $41 billion (Rs. 2,50,000 crores) corporation, the Aditya Birla Group is in the League of Fortune 500. It is anchored by an extraordinary force of over 120,000 employees, belonging to 42 nationalities. The Aditya Birla Group has been ranked 4th in the world and 1st in Asia Pacific in the 'Top Companies for Leaders' study 2011, conducted by Aon Hewitt, Fortune Magazine and RBL (a strategic HR and leadership Advisory firm). The Group has topped the Nielsen's Corporate Image Monitor 2014-15 and emerged as the Number 1 corporate, the 'Best in Class', for the third consecutive year. Over 50 per cent of the Group's revenues flow from its overseas operations. It operates in 36 countries.Globally, the Aditya Birla Group is:
- A metals powerhouse, among the world's most cost-efficient aluminium and copper producers. Hindalco-Novelis is the largest aluminium rolling company. It is one of the 3 biggest producers of primary aluminium in Asia, with the largest single location copper smelter
- No.1 in viscose staple fibre
- No.1 in carbon black
- The 4th largest producer of insulators
- The 5th largest producer of acrylic fibre
- Among the top 10 cement producers globally
- Among the best energy efficient fertilizer plants
- The largest Indian MNC with manufacturing operations in the USA, wherein 95% of the workforce comprises of AmericansIn India:
- A top fashion (branded apparel) and lifestyle player
- The 2nd largest player in viscose filament yarn
- The largest in the chlor-alkali sector
- Among the top 3 mobile telephony companies
- A leading player in life insurance and asset management
- Among the top 2 super-market chains in the retail business Beyond business the Aditya Birla Group
- Reaches out to 7.5 million people in 5,000 villages annually in India through the Aditya Birla Centre for Community Initiatives and Rural Development, spearheaded by Mrs. Rajashree Birla
- Focuses on: health-care, education, sustainable livelihood, infrastructure and espousing social reform
- Runs 42 schools which provide quality education to 45,000 children. Of these 18,000 students belong to the underprivileged segment. Merit Scholarships are given to an additional 12,000 children from the interiors.
- Its 18 hospitals tend to more than a million villagers
- Ongoing education, healthcare and sustainable livelihood projects in Philippines, Thailand, Indonesia, Egypt, Korea and Brazil, lift thousands of people out of poverty.
- Set up the Aditya Birla India Centre at the London Business School Transcending the conventional barriers of business because we believe it is our duty to facilitate inclusive growth.
About LOCTITE® Adhesives:
LOCTITE® is the trusted choice for high-performance adhesive, sealant and coating solutions for manufacturing segments across the globe. With breakthrough technology, we provide solutions that deliver on our goals providing more efficient adhesives that are durable, strong and long lasting to unlock the limitless potential of man and machine. LOCTITE® products are used in objects that touch lives every day from aircrafts to furniture. Our experts are dedicated to optimizing processes, driving costs down by developing products that improve performance, and understanding every challenge in every market of our valued customers.
Henkel operates globally with a well-balanced and diversified portfolio. The company holds leading positions with its three business units in both industrial and consumer businesses thanks to strong brands, innovations and technologies. Founded in 1876, Henkel looks back on more than 140 years of success. Henkel’s preferred shares are listed in the German stock index DAX. The DAX-30 company has its headquarters in Düsseldorf, Germany. Henkel employs around 53,000 people worldwide, around 85 percent of whom work outside of Germany. As a recognized leader in sustainability, Henkel holds top positions in many international ratings and rankings.
In the fiscal year 2018, the company reported sales of approx. 20 billion euros and an operating profit of around 3.5 billion euros (adjusted for one-time gains/charges and restructuring charges).
Henkel Adhesives Technologies India Private Limited
Henkel in India operates in two business areas: Adhesive Technologies and Beauty Care, both in the business-to-business realm. It has two legal entities in the country; namely, Henkel Adhesives Technologies India Private Limited (a wholly owned subsidiary of Henkel) and Henkel Anand India Private Limited (a joint venture company of Henkel and Anand Group).
Headquartered in Navi Mumbai, the adhesive technologies business has a footprint comprising 8 manufacturing sites, an innovation center, a product development center and a flexible packaging academy while the Beauty Care business has 5 Schwarzkopf Professional academies.
Henkel is the name behind many well-known brands such as Loctite, Bonderite, Technomelt, Teroson, Aquence, and Schwarzkopf. The company offers a multitude of applications and services to satisfy the needs of different customers.